Monday, January 18, 2010

I had a very interesting experience on change, I was appraoched by a very senior member of the Management group to give an opinion of the way my department works and whther I was happy with the way things were going and if I was happy with line management etc.

In my urge to be sincere and honest I ended up telling a lot of truth about the job and what can be changed to make it better, and my disatisfaction with line manaagement approach, about the structure of the team.

These were mainly constructive criticism and I had a positive approach throughout my conversation with him. at the end of it all he thanked me for being sincere honest about my feedback. He also said that he would like to take my comments to his senior and make changes as necessarry.

I met him a week later and he said that he plans to change the location of the department to another country and intends to recruit a new team. and he was not feeling guilty as I anyway did not approve of the way things were going at present!!!!

A lesson learnt here, eventhough unknowingly you could be a tool to a change which can directly effect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment